Over 90% of the educated world population exhibits the symptoms of fear of speaking over the phone while dealing with the formal businesses. This includes the shyness, anxiety and even nervousness on the real-time fact that once said cannot be taken back while the emailing benefits the feature of editing or proofing the message to be conveyed.
People even start tripping over words and have great chances of missing out the key points or even communicate the wrong message. Additionally, this can knock out your first impression too. Still, it is necessary for a business point of view that its staff members should know how to speak with a good impact on the phone. So, here are the best tips for optimizing telephone meetings.
- Give emphasis on using a pleasant, sounding tone with pretty good enunciation. This is an essential point to be taken care of because your voice is the only interaction medium used.
- Prepare yourself for the phoning conversation. Plan in advance the main objective and the details to be conveyed. For a positive and confident start rehearse the voice tone and the matter of your opening.
- In case of a ‘must get’ business deal like the one at thevoiphub, be clever enough to assign the phoning task to a qualified candidate who effectively manages the calling time and topics, reviews the proceeding steps and finally, closes the conversation on time.
- Make sure you maintain a good body language while you are attending the call. This can enhance your confidence, commanding tone and render an overall feel as if you are talking to them in person.
- To focus while phoning, make sure you choose a silent environment and please avoid the multitasking feature. Moreover, do not switch to speakerphones which can affect the sound quality.
- Carefully opt your words. Avoid repetitive jargons and always keep your tone inviting.